sábado, 21 de junio de 2014

Hope Solo arrested for investigation of domestic violence

Soccer star Hope Solo was arrested overnight for allegedly striking her sister and her nephew at the Kirkland home she shares with her husband, former NFL player Jerramy Stevens, according to police.

Solo is listed in the registry at the SCORE misdemeanor jail in South King County as Hope Amelia Stevens. She is being held without bail for two counts of investigation of domestic-violence assault. Police say Solo, 32, got into an argument with the relatives during a family gathering.

Kirkland police Lt. Mike Murray said this morning that officers were called to the home because of an assault and a noise disturbance.

“There was a big party going on at her house. It was an out-of-control situation,” Murray said.

At some point during the party, Solo allegedly assaulted her sister and her nephew, he said. “There were visible injuries on them,” Murray said.

Solo is the goalkeeper for the Seattle Reign FC.

She has also played on two gold-medal winning Olympic women’s teams and appeared on TV’s “Dancing with the Stars.” In November, 2012, her then-boyfriend Stevens was arrested for allegedly assaulting Solo; a stun gun was reportedly used to break up the altercation. Hours later, Stevens and Solo were married

Stevens, who played college football for the University of Washington, was released because of insufficient evidence in the case. He was never charged.

During an interview with The Seattle Times last year, Solo’s first since the family dispute, Solo said she’s living in the spotlight.

“I’m in the spotlight, but not the truth,” Solo said. “That’s hard to accept, but that is unfortunately kind of how the world is and how the media is.

“Whether it’s with Hollywood, whether it’s with sports figures, whether it’s the president, that’s kind of how it works. I’m realistic and I understand that. That’s why it’s important for me to know who I am, to know I’m living my life the way I want to live, and that I am happy. At the end of the day, I can’t really let myself get too angry about outside opinions that are or aren’t true.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario